Count on us providing safety and certainty in uncertain times.
This year, our premier global auction in Orlando, FL Feb 15-20 will look a little different than in past years. The auction is being conducted 100% online in order to keep our customers and employees safe during the pandemic while providing certainty in uncertain times. And while we’ll miss the hustle and bustle of onsite crowds, we’re gearing up for an exciting online event that will bring together thousands of buyers and sellers from all around the world.
Since shifting to 100% online auctions in 2020, we have seen record-breaking bidder participation, strong buyer demand, and outstanding results for sellers.
So how exactly will things be different this year and how will it all work? Here’s a look at the options you have for selling, inspecting, and bidding on a massive selection of equipment items and trucks.
Selling at Orlando 2021
- Sell from our Orlando auction site: bringing your equipment to our secure yard takes the responsibility off you and lets buyers test and inspect in person in one convenient location, and gives them confidence before bidding online.
- Virtual Sales Option: reach buyers from around the world without moving your equipment. Sell through VSO with IronClad Assurance and reap the benefits of first-class online representation and resulting buyer confidence.
Inspecting equipment at Orlando 2021
Buyers have several options for inspecting equipment this year.
- Preview and inspect online via multiple hi-res photos, detailed equipment information, and results of functionality tests.
- Select equipment will be demo’ed in videos showing start up, operation and moving. See videos on individual item details pages on our website or check out our dedicated Ritchie Bros. Inventory channel on YouTube.
- Inspect equipment sold offsite through our Virtual Sales Option (VSO) via photos and detailed information, all backed by our IronClad Assurance equipment condition certification. Buy with confidence knowing that our items have been given a full and detailed inspection by an industry expert.
- Inspect in person at our Orlando site. Our site will be open for pre-auction inspection, but please be aware that we are employing strict social distancing protocols, and the number of people allowed in the yard may be limited in full compliance with local government regulations.
Bidding at Orlando 2021
With the auction 100% online, buyers have multiple, convenient options for bidding. It's free to register and bid online – there are no fees for this service. Successful buyers – regardless of whether bidding onsite or online - will be required to pay a buyer transaction fee.
- PriorityBid extended: we’re extending the online PriorityBid pre-auction bidding window significantly for Orlando, giving bidders more opportunity to bid on items they want. PriorityBid allows you to place bids before the auction begins, set a maximum amount you’re willing to bid up to, and our system bids for you.
- Live online auction: bid online in real time from your home, office, job site or anywhere via your computer or laptop. You’ll be able to hear the auctioneer, see the current high bid and ask prices on your screen, and place bids live just like you’re at the auction site.
- Bid via our mobile app: bid in real time from your mobile device with the Ritchie Bros. app, with live streaming audio of the auctioneer and real time bidding.
- Timed Auction expansion: our automated online Timed Auction with no auctioneer features dynamic close capabilities to give bidders more opportunity to win items. Bidding opens a few days before the auction date and closes at staggered times during the auction.
Ritchie Bros. Financial Services (RBFS) are ready to help customers obtain financing if needed—interested customers can contact the RBFS team today at +1.855.331.5750 or submit an online finance application at rbfinance.com.
Don’t miss Orlando 2021! See inventory, auction details and more and get ready for a first-class online auction experience.
Register to bid online